Thursday, January 28, 2010

Feeling Trapped


Today I received another acceptance letter, from George Mason University, I was happy...my mother was ecstatic. This is THEE SCHOOL she wants me to go to. I honestly don't really like the school that much. It's supposed to be a good school...but it's in the area where I grew up, I don't wanna go back there, and there's a large student body there, I want to go to a small school like...o idk Marymount Manhatten: One of the schools my family pretty much forbids me from going to -_-. Although I got in with a scholarship, unlike with George Mason.
I overheard my Mom telling my Grandma today that I got into George Mason but that I don't wanna go there. My Grandmother pretty much told my Mom that I had to go there, and that there was no other option. It's close to them, so they can keep an eye on me. I wanted to SCREAM. I HATE THAT EVERYTHING GETS DECIDED FOR ME. This will not be their decision, IT IS MINE. Although they're family and helping me out with this...I will leave them if I have to. I want to be able to do what I want, and George Mason doesn't offer me that. George Mason keeps me trapped.
I feel like a prisoner to my family. I have to do everything within their qualifications. I can't even wear the shoes I want without them criticizing me or yelling at me to go wear something else! I may be sounding a bit ridiculous, but that's what they're doing to me. It really hurts my feelings, I used to have a certain style that I loved dressing up to, but now I'm just a normal girl, there's almost nothing left of me that's unique. Maybe I'm being a bit melodramatic, I'm sure there's some uniqueness left but I'm not feeling it right now.
I want to be the old Christie again, I want to have fun, I want to be bold.

Caryatid

No comments:

Post a Comment